Kuala Lumpur, 11 September 2017 - The Board of Directors of Sime Darby Berhad is pleased to announce the new boards and senior leadership for Sime Darby Plantation Berhad and Sime Darby Property Berhad.
The boards of both companies comprise respected individuals who were selected and appointed based on industry experience, their acumen and integrity, some of whom have served Sime Darby in various capacities in the past. Similarly the members of senior management were appointed after taking into consideration the wide range of needs of the two companies.
“The new members of the two boards and the senior management have the experience and expertise, to spearhead the businesses in these challenging times. We are confident they will grow the companies into stronger entities to generate sustainable returns for all stakeholders,” current Sime Darby Berhad Chairman, Tan Sri Abdul Ghani Othman said.
The announcement of an additional board member for both companies will be made soon, he added.
The Boards of Sime Darby Plantation Berhad and Sime Darby Property Berhad will comprise eleven (11) Directors upon listing, majority of whom shall be Independent Non-Executive Directors.
Sime Darby Plantation Berhad
As the world’s largest producer of certified sustainable palm oil (CSPO), Sime Darby Plantation’s new board and key management lineup reflect the company’s vision to stamp its position as the industry leader on the global stage in the upstream sector, while aggressively growing in the downstream sector. Also key to the company are its commitments to sustainability and research & development, where Sime Darby Plantation is already widely acclaimed for its expertise and leadership.
“Sime Darby Plantation produces nearly a quarter or three million tonnes of the world’s CSPO and all but two of our 63 operating units are certified. We first made our commitment to sustainability in 2007 and we continue to deliver on it. This has required both dedication and discipline, and a willingness to take stock and implement change where necessary,” Sime Darby Plantation Chairman, Tan Sri Dato’ Abdul Ghani Othman said.
- Chairman: Tan Sri Dato’ Abdul Ghani Othman
- Executive Deputy Chairman & Managing Director: Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Mohd Bakke Salleh
- Dato’ Mohamad Nasir Ab. Latif
- Dato’ Mohd Nizam Zainordin
- Zainal Abidin Jamal
- Tan Sri Datuk Dr Yusof Basiran
- Datuk Zaiton Mohd Hassan
- Muhammad Lutfi
- Dato’ Che Abdullah @ Rashidi Che Omar
- Tan Ting Min
- Chief Advisor and Value Officer: Datuk Franki Anthony Dass
- Chief Financial Officer: Renaka Ramachandran
- Chief Operating Officer – Upstream: Mohamad Helmy Othman Basha
- Chief Operating Officer - Downstream: Mohd Haris Mohd Arshad
- Chief Sustainability Officer: Dr Simon Lord
- Head, Research & Development: Dr Harikrishna Kulaveerasingam
Sime Darby Property Berhad
The new board and key management lineup of Sime Darby Property, one of the largest property developers in the country, reflect the company’s thrust and purpose to reinvent its growth trajectory. As the largest landbank owner in strategic growth corridors across Malaysia, Sime Darby Property, has an exciting future ahead. Its track record as a premier developer of integrated townships across the value chain will serve it well, as the new leadership injects the necessary vigour to take it to the next level.
“Sime Darby Property has the potential to become one of the leading players in the region. With the right leadership at the helm, it will be able to realise this potential and grow to new heights,” Abdul Ghani said. “The Malaysia Vision Valley project in which Sime Darby Property is a significant shareholder, will be a game changer not just for the company but also for the country,” he added.
Sime Darby Property is also a 40% shareholder of London’s iconic Battersea Power Station Project, which is one of the largest redevelopment projects in England.
- Chairman: Tan Sri Abdul Wahid Omar
- Managing Director: Dato’ Sri Amrin Awaluddin
- Executive Director & Chief Financial Officer: Datuk Tong Poh Keow
- Dato’ Rohana Tan Sri Mahmood
- Tengku Datuk Seri Ahmad Shah Alhaj ibni Almarhum Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Alhaj
- Dato’ Johan Ariffin
- Dato’ Jaganath Derek Steven Sabapathy
- Datuk Dr Mohd Daud Bakar
- Dato’ Seri Ahmad Johan Mohammad Raslan
- Datin Nor Azah Mohamed Razali
- Chief Operating/Transformation Officer: Dato’ Wan Hashimi Albakri Wan Ahmad Amin Jaffri
- CEO of Sime Darby Real Estate Management and Head of Property Investment: Dr Tan Kok Heng
- Senior General Manager, Township Development: Zaharudin Sa’at
- Senior General Manager, Development Services: Chong Chee On
- Chief Marketing and Sales Officer: Clare Louise Kenny Tipton
For more information, please refer to the bursa announcement here.
About Sime Darby
Sime Darby is a Malaysia-based diversified multinational involved in key growth sectors, namely, plantation, industrial equipment, motors, property and logistics. Founded in 1910, its business divisions seek to create positive benefits in the economy, environment and society where it has a presence. With a workforce of over 120,000 employees in 25 countries and 4 territories, Sime Darby is committed to building a sustainable future for all its stakeholders. It is one of the largest companies on Bursa Malaysia with a market capitalisation of RM62 billion (USD15 billion) as at 8 September 2017.
For further information, please contact:
Group Head – Communications
Sime Darby Berhad
Tel: 03-2711 1676 (Off), 019-213 2236 (HP)