Sime Darby Berhad expects the highest standards of integrity from all our employees and vendors. We take a serious view of any wrongdoing by any of its Employees, Management, Directors, and Vendors, in particular with respect to their obligations to the company’s interests. The Whistleblowing channels are established to help all stakeholders raise concerns, without fear of retaliation, on any wrongdoing that they may observe and experience.
Parties can report a Whistleblowing complaint if they are aware of any wrongdoings, including, but not limited to the following:
- misappropriation of assets;
- sexual harassment;
- criminal breach of trust;
- illicit and corrupt practices;
- questionable or improper accounting;
- misuse of confidential information;
- acts or omissions which are deemed to be against the interest of the Company, laws, regulations, or public policies;
- giving false or misleading information (including suppression of any material facts or information);
- breaches of Group Policies and Code of Business Conduct (COBC); or
- the deliberate concealment of any of the above matter or other acts of wrongdoings
Acting in Good Faith
We expect all parties to act in good faith and have reasonable grounds when reporting a Whistleblowing complaint. If allegations are proven to be malicious, parties responsible may be subject to appropriate action, up to and including legal action, where applicable.
Protection from Retaliation
Any party that retaliates against someone who has reported a wrongdoing in good faith may be subject to appropriate action, up to and including legal action, where applicable.
Senior Independent Director
Sime Darby Berhad
Toll-free: 1800 18 5008 (Malaysia only)